Regional manufacturing hubs
Our regional manufacturing hubs provide a place for local manufacturing businesses to receive expert advice and support to transition to advanced manufacturing.
If you’re ready to grow your manufacturing business, our regional manufacturing hub teams are here to help.
Each hub offers access to a wide range of services including:
- LEAN manufacturing workshops
- Introduction to digital technology workshops
- Assistance with grant writing
- Business-to-business mentoring and networking, Mentoring for Growth
- Improving supply chain capability
- Sustainability seminars
- Assistance to increase access to national and international markets
- Coordinated access to existing and emerging trade and professional skills
- Improved access between business and research
- Support for industry recognised skills and certifications
- Technology demonstration days
- Industry 4.0 seminars
- Virtual and physical tours of advanced manufacturing businesses
- Hosting of international experts in advanced manufacturing
- Events and workshops on advanced manufacturing, automation, robotics, Internet of Things
Yeppoon-based manufacturer All Industries Group attended a one-day LEAN Manufacturing Workshop at our Rockhampton Hub and then embarked on a LEAN manufacturing journey.
Find out how our Manufacturing Hubs are making a difference.
Manufacturing Hubs Grant Program
We've made available $13.5 million through the Manufacturing Hubs Grant Program (MHGP) to assist eligible businesses. Up to $4.5 million is available for each manufacturing hub to build the advanced manufacturing capability of the Cairns, Gladstone, Rockhampton and Townsville regions.
This is an opportunity for manufacturers to become more productive and create the jobs of the future through:
- technology adoption
- skills and training
- business development
- advance robotic manufacturing hub services.
The MHGP will be open to eligible applicants until June 2022 or once the program is fully subscribed.
How to apply
Contact the Cairns, Gladstone, Rockhampton or Townsville Hub for a preliminary discussion regarding your project. Following this discussion, should you wish to apply, a form requesting access to the application portal will be emailed to you. The fund will be open to applications until the program monies are fully allocated.
Find your local manufacturing hub
The manufacturing hubs offer training, business development programs, tailored advice and play host to a regular program of workshops and events to help your business grow.
The hubs also have strong links with local universities, schools and TAFE Queensland to develop a workforce with strong skills in science, technology, engineering and maths.
- food manufacturing.
TAFE Queensland Cairns Campus (S Block)
Manunda QLD 4870
- advanced metal production manufacturing
- food transformation through advanced manufacturing.
TAFE Queensland Trade Training Centre
763 Ingham Road
Bohle QLD 4818
- rail manufacturing and technology
- advanced technologies for metal production
- food product innovation.
Building 37, Central Queensland University
North Rockhampton QLD 4701
- renewable energy.
Room G.47, Martin Hanson Building, Central Queensland University
Gladstone Marina Campus
Gladstone QLD 4680
Get in touch with the Gladstone Hub on 0436 814 547.
Manufacturing Hub Delivery Model ( 10.7 MB)
Last updated: Thursday, Feb 4, 2021